What does the L2 cosmetic asset migration involve?
This migration involves minting certain cosmetic assets such as trinkets, boards, and card backs onto Layer 2 (IMX). For users with Gods Unchained assets on an L1 wallet that are being included in this migration, these assets will be minted onto L2 in the same wallet.
Your in-game inventory will sync to your L2 wallet in the same way it currently does for any GU cards you own. Your L1 assets still exist on L1 – this is an immutable ledger after all! – but any trades you perform on those assets after the migration will no longer be reflected in your Gods Unchained inventory.
What cosmetic assets are being migrated?
- Light’s Verdict trinket, Lysander’s Spear.
- Trinkets, boards, and card backs from the Genesis set.
- Trinkets, boards, and card backs from the Trial of the Gods set.
Note: As we are focusing on cosmetics, this means chests are not included as part of this migration. We’ll be exploring the best past forwards for remaining assets such as chests.
Do I have to do anything to receive my assets?
If you own cosmetic assets on L1 that are being migrated to L2:
- The wallet that holds these assets on L1 must be connected to your Gods Unchained player account.
- This wallet must also be set up on Immutable X! (Without an Immutable X wallet, we won’t be able to mint those assets for you.)
If you are eligible to receive a cosmetic asset as a collector reward (e.g. Lysander’s Spear trinket), please ensure that your default wallet is set to the L2 wallet with your Light’s Verdict cards.
When is the migration taking place?
The migration will take place in phases from 14 November 22 onwards and will be completed by the end of November.
- You can look forward to newer cosmetic assets like Lysander’s Spear first, as they will be minted and distributed this week!
- Trinkets, boards, and card backs from Genesis and Trial of the Gods sets will be on their way to users later in the month due to the historical complexity of these assets.