Why did we introduce GODS?
- $GODS tokens are ERC-20 tokens designed to become the core in-game currency for Gods Unchained. Similar to existing in-game currencies, $GODS tokens will be rewarded to users through play, however unlike existing currencies $GODS will be scarce and tradable. True digital ownership is an important foundation, but to truly change the way games are viewed, it needs to be paired with a sustainable Play and Earn system. $GODS tokens are the key to unlocking this, providing the basis for an economy that will empower players to earn through play.
What is the total supply of $GODS?
- Fixed Total Supply: 500,000,000
How many $GODS are going for sale in the public sale?
- A total of 35,000,000 $GODS tokens (7% of total supply) was allocated to a public token sale.
How many $GODS will be allocated to the community?
- A total of 307,500,000 $GODS tokens (61.5% of total supply) was allocated to the community. These tokens will be distributed via our Play to Earn Rewards, Community & Ecosystem Fund and the Community Allocation.
What can I use $GODS for?
NFTs are the core of what we create here at Immutable, and GODS is the underlying ecosystem that drives NFT creation. We want to create a $GODS ecosystem that rewards long time players in conjunction with the growth of the game.
- Crafting new NFTs that are playable and tradable
- Plain Fusing
- Shine Fusing: The ability to improve and upgrade the quality of an NFT
- In the future, $GODS will have more utility such as Evolution, allowing the ability to craft a completely new NFT
- Purchasing items with $GODS
- 20% of all primary sales and 20% of secondary trading fees in Gods Unchained will be paid for in $GODS.
- If the user opts not to use $GODS for a payment, or doesn’t have enough tokens to cover the fee, the 20% fee will automatically be swapped on the open market.
- $GODS Staking Rewards Pool
- In future, staking rewards will be distributed to all users that qualify as being active stakers
- To qualify as ‘actively staking’ the user must have voted on a proposal in the last 30 days, and must have held $GODS within Immutable X for the full duration of the specified 7 days period.
- Governance and voting
- In future, $GODS Token holders will be able to vote on token-related proposals via decentralized governance.
What do you mean by staking $GODS?
- $GODS tokens consumed by systems like The Forge and Gods Unchained store sales will be allocated to the $GODS Staking Rewards Pool. These tokens will then be distributed to all users that qualify as active stakers
- The number of tokens staked is measured by the lowest amount of tokens the user held in their Immutable X account during the given reward interval period.
How will governance work with Gods Unchained?
We will be using Snapshot.org to set up the Governance system. $GODS Token holders will be able to vote on token-related proposals via decentralized governance. Proposals will include topics such as:
- How to allocate token reserves
- Community & Ecosystem fund distribution
- Changes in $GODS token supply
- Sponsorship or grant recipients
Why is $GODS on a L2 solution?
- Gas fees! Our L2 solution, Immutable X, lets players and collectors buy/sell/trade $GODS tokens and NFTs without paying any gas fees. Trades on Immutable X are more environmentally friendly with dramatically reduced energy costs and our carbon neutral commitment.
Do I need to link my wallet to Immutable X to receive $GODS?
- Yes, you can find more information in our blog about Wallet Linking & Immutable X
How is $GODS different from other gaming tokens?
- Staking Reward. There aren’t many gaming tokens out there that provide staking rewards at the moment so this definitely makes $GODS a desirable token to have.
- Packed with utilities. Token holders are able to vote and stake the token at launch. Soon after launch, tokens will be used when minting new NFT, buying packs and access to specific game modes or events.
- Gods Unchained was already one of the most popular games on Ethereum before the introduction of $GODS. The $GODS token helps us scale an epic game economy and create a sustainable play to earn experience for all mortals.
Can I ever withdraw my $GODS onto L1?
- Yes, you can always withdraw your $GODS to L1 or to any Decentralized Exchange (DEX) or Centralized Exchange (CEX) that supports $GODS. Please bear in mind you will need an eligible Ethereum Wallet and the withdrawal will be subject to Gas.
Why can’t I withdraw my $GODS to L1 right now?
- Unfortunately, Immutable X wallets that are not registered on L1 (i.e. have not deposited ETH into Immutable X before) will not be able to withdraw $GODS from L2 to L1.
- Link your eligible wallet to Immutable X
- Transfer ETH from L1 to your Immutable X wallet (gas-fee applies)
- Claim your $GODS tokens.
- Withdraws $GODS from your Immutable X wallet to L1 (gas-fee applies)