In order to trade your assets in Immutable X, you will need to connect your MetaMask wallet to both Gods Unchained and to Immutable X. If you already have a wallet added to your Gods Unchained account, skip to the ‘Link your wallet(s) to Immutable X’ section.
It’s important to note that connecting and linking your wallet doesn’t give Gods Unchained or Immutable X any power over your wallet or its contents, it simply shows which items belong to you so you can play with and trade them, while also providing a destination to send your digital assets and rewards to. That’s the beauty of true ownership!
Create an Ethereum wallet
- Head to MetaMask.io.
- Install the plug-in: Install the MetaMask extension for your chosen browser by clicking “Download” and then selecting your chosen browser. Once downloaded, the extension will appear and continue to exist in the top right of your browser.
- Create a wallet: Follow the prompts to “Create a Wallet”.
Important: Make sure you write down or store your seed phrase. If you wish to access your wallet on a different device in the future, or lose access to your wallet, this is the only way to do so. If you lose this, you will lose access to your wallet forever – neither we nor MetaMask will be able to restore it for you.
- You now have an Ethereum wallet!
Add your wallet(s) to Gods Unchained
A wallet is required to receive prizes from Weekend Ranked events, or to purchase cards.
- Before starting, make sure you are logged into your MetaMask extension in your browser. If you don’t have one, follow the install instructions previously stated in ‘Create an Ethereum Wallet’.
- Login to your Gods Unchained account by clicking “Sign In” in the top right of GodsUnchained.com.
- Click on your player icon in the top right of the page, then click on Manage Wallets.
- Click on the “Connect Web Wallet” button.
- Your browser’s MetaMask extension will respond. If the extension does not automatically open after clicking this button, manually open the extension by clicking on the fox symbol in the top right of your browser and log in to your MetaMask account.
- Confirm the wallet address you wish to connect to your GodsUnchained account.
- Click the “Add wallet to GU” button to connect your wallet to Gods Unchained.
Tip: If the button doesn’t add your wallet, you may need to refresh and log in to your MetaMask account again.
- Sign the request in your MetaMask extension to connect your wallet to Gods Unchained.
- It may take a moment to connect. You will then see your new address added to the Gods Unchained Manage Wallet page.
Link your wallet(s) to Immutable X
In order to trade items, you will need to link your wallets to Immutable X.
- Check that your wallet is connected to Gods Unchained. If the address is visible on the Manage Wallets page, it is connected.
- Click “Link a wallet to X”.
- The Immutable X Link panel will open in a pop up. If it doesn’t, ensure popups are enabled in your browser and try again.
- Check that your wallet address in the “Sign in with your wallet” popup screen matches the wallet address you want to connect. If not is not the correct wallet, click the “Change” link seen above the current wallet address.
- Click ‘Sign In’ to head to the signature screen.
- Click ‘Sign’ to sign the request to link your wallet to Immutable X.
- A unique Immutable X Key is created and registered to your Ethereum private key.
- You now have an Immutable X Key, and can trade on the Marketplace.
If your wallet address now has a “✓ Linked” next to it, you are done!
Stage 1 of the Gods Unchained x Immutable X rollout: In stage 1 of the Immutable X rollout, this will be the end of your journey. Your wallet is now linked to Immutable X and you will be ready to trade when the marketplace opens. By linking your wallet now, you have ensured your Trial of the Gods assets will be amongst the first to be minted to Immutable X. Once the marketplace is live, the next step will be to head to Immutable X where you can start trading.